Meet the Pig

Hi, everybody!
I'm Priyanka. I love to write, and have finally decided to be swept away by the blogger's herd.
I mostly write poems, but once in a while, when it moves me, I also enjoy commenting, reviewing, sharing and very rarely, penning articles and short stories.
I love reading and watching movies. I enjoy lots of different kinds of music. My greatest dream is to get a book published; a novel, or a travelogue about backpacking.
I really hope to get some comments on my writing through this medium.
XO

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

new beginnings and new friends.


Blend in

It's truly wonderful, how we meet,
one cup of coffee at a time;
taking in an aroma, so complete.
Talking a little whimsy and beat,
with hardly any reason or rhyme.

In the corner of our little cafe,
I wonder; can life be so bittersweet?
I think of new secrets to give away,
as you order a latte,
and indulge in its heat.

The subtle hunger for that brown dust,
the only gold that doesn't glow.
In its warmth, I think, should I trust,
in a flavor so robust,
as I sip my espresso.

As strangers, sipping milk and cream;
Our drinks so strong;
a taste never wrong.
Simply flavors of a bean,
That mean so much, they keep us moving along.

1 comment: